Sept. 13 at Noon-Sept. 15 at noon
Optional: Pre-Summit Primer: Getting Ready to Partner with Health Care
Sept. 13 from 9-11 a.m.
Design solutions to solve difficult problems and seize new opportunities at the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities’ Innovation Design Summits. Each summit will be focused on a different mission-critical issue to the Alliance network, and all will call on participants to roll up their sleeves.
These are not conferences. Innovation Design Summit participants will collaborate to design ideas and solutions that can be adopted and accelerated by the Alliance network. Presenters and collaborators from the Alliance network and public and corporate sectors will provide stimulus to inspire and guide work completed onsite.
Leading through the Integration of Health Care and Human Services
As health care in the U.S. continues to transform, the role of the human services sector as a critical partner remains to be established. However, health care leaders are increasingly recognizing the critical role that the social determinants of health play in improving upon health outcomes. Join this Innovation Design Summit to discuss how contributions of human services organizations can help to achieve the triple aim to:
- Reduce health care costs
- Improve health outcomes
- Improve patient experience
At this Innovation Design Summit, Alliance and health care leaders will learn, problem solve, and develop action plans around critical business issues that are essential to ensuring that the human services sector is positioned as a valued partner to advance improved health outcomes.
- Create mutually beneficial partnerships with health care
- Learn to structure sustainable financing and reimbursement models
- Navigate the cross-cultural dynamics of health care/social care partnerships
- Design interventions that achieve results with populations that have complex health and social needs
- Understand the data and evaluation variables in effective interventions
Rapid-fire talks from national thought leaders will offer perspective for tackling the challenge. Speakers include:
- Susan Dreyfus, president and CEO, Alliance for Strong Families and Communities
- Catherine K. Anderson, senior vice president of policy & strategy, UnitedHealthcare Community & State
- Michael Shafer, center director and professor, School of Social Work at Arizona State University’s College of Public Service and Community Solutions
- Susan Mende, senior program officer, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation