The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities seeks a fund development coordinator to join our dynamic team. Join the Alliance and our network of thousands of committed social sector professionals working to positively impact local communities across the country. Through our collective work, Alliance staff and our network of members help all children, adults, and families achieve their full potential.
Reporting to the director of development, the fund development coordinator will help to advance our national public and private grants program, coordinate annual unrestricted appeals, manage and maintain the donor management system, and provide development resources and opportunities to our national network of health and human services organizations.
Successful candidates will be expected to exhibit individual initiative; work independently and collaboratively; and effectively communicate with customers, peers, co-workers, and partners.
- Participate in planning and implementing the yearly fundraising strategic plan
Assist the director of development in the development and oversight of processes and procedures that advance the Alliance annual and strategic plans including grants policy and donor recognition procedure protocols
- Coordinate and manage annual appeals including employee, board, and individual annual giving
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with program staff to obtain information for major gifts, potential donors, funding proposals, grant-funded program updates, and compliance reports
- Identify new sources of individual, corporate, foundation, and grant support
- Coordinate, develop and/or revise corporate, foundation and individual solicitation materials, including presentations, cultivation materials and grant proposals
- Draft donor correspondence, including fundraising and acknowledgement letters
- Maintain donor files and donor database to ensure complete prospect records and accurate and timely recording and acknowledgement of all gifts received; produce regular donor reports
- Work with program and marketing communications staff to ensure production of regular news releases and materials to highlight grant activities and major gifts of the Alliance
- In conjunction with the director of development, develop announcements, website content, and/or other related materials highlighting grant opportunities for Alliance members
- With the director of development, staff the Alliance Peer Exchange group Organizational Advancement Resource Solutions and maintain web-based development resources for the Alliance member network
- Other responsibilities or special projects as requested
Desired Education and Experience
Bachelor’s or any equivalent combination of experience or training. A minimum of two to three years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization with demonstrated success in a fund development function.
Commitment and passion for advancing the capacity and influence of the national nonprofit sector.
Experience in grants management and proposal writing/editing, annual funds and direct mail, donor management systems, and fund development planning is strongly preferred.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements via email, and note the title of the position in the email subject line.
Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Alliance is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees. The Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.