Fund Development Training Manual
The Fund Development Training Manual is a product of the Alliance for Children and Families’ Resource Development Services (RDS) program.
The manual provides a comprehensive curriculum for building philanthropic capacity within nonprofit human service organizations. A survey of organizations that applied this model found that agencies increased revenue from philanthropic sources by an average of 40 percent.
The curriculum includes seven modules that cover several topics, including:
- Engaging the board in fund development
- Soliciting major gifts
- Developing successful grant proposals
- The power of relationships
Continuing Education Credits
CFRE International has approved self-study of the Fund Development Training Manual for attaining Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) credits.
Each of the seven modules has its own point value. By reading the entire manual, fund development professionals can obtain a 12 continuing education points toward initial CFRE certification or recertification.
View the CFRE continuing education tracker form.
Contact the Alliance Development Department with questions.
- Setting the Context for Fund Development
- Engaging the Board in Fund Development
- Overview of Solicitation Strategies
- Soliciting Major Gifts
- Survival: Unlocking the Strengths of Your Board Through a Mission-Based Business Plan
- Developing Successful Grant Proposals
- The Power of Relationships