Resource Development Solutions
The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities is committed to helping its members build their fund development capacity by offering a variety of training, networking, information, and mentoring services. With that in mind, the Alliance formed the Resource Development Solutions (RDS) program in 1998.
RDS helps Alliance members effectively raise resources in any economic environment. RDS facilitates the sharing of ideas, best practice solutions, and new opportunities through:
- Webinars and teleconferences
- How-to workshops at the Alliance National Conference
- Regular updates to a directory of public and private funding opportunities
- Peer-to-peer networking through an Alliance Peer Exchange group designed specifically for individuals responsible for fundraising
- Mentoring opportunities between members of the RDS Committee and CEOs or development staff at Alliance member organizations
- Training programs that can either be facilitated by members of the RDS Committee or performed as independent, self-paced study
- Columns about fund development
- Fund development blog
- Library materials, including books, published articles, and documents submitted by Alliance members, most of which can be requested through the Alliance’s Severson Center
- Online resources, including reports and blog posts covering a variety of news and trends in fund development
The RDS program is guided by the Alliance RDS Committee.
For more information, contact the Alliance Development Department.