The Alliance for Children and Families represents nearly 350 member organizations across the United States and Canada, including:
- Human Service Organizations. Private, nonprofit human service organization that provide services to children, families, and communities, or that focus on economic empowerment. This includes both religiously affiliated and secular organizations.
- State Associations. State or regional councils and associations that primarily represent private, nonprofit human service organizations serving children, families, and communities, or that offer programs focused on economic empowerment.
Members of the Alliance share a common vision of creating a healthy society and strong communities for all children and families.
Alliance members provide an array of programs and services, including:
- Domestic abuse counseling and shelters
- International and domestic adoption
- Foster care and aging-out-of-foster care services
- Credit counseling and financial literacy services
- Head Start and after-school programs
- Older adult services
- Employee wellness programs and service
- Crisis management services
- Teen pregnancy counseling and prevention
- Sexual abuse counseling
- Civic engagement programs and training
- In-home health care services
- Clinical research and training
- Youth residential treatment
Members are based primarily in the United States, as well as in Canada, with some organizations also providing international services.
Alliance members represent a significant force in the nonprofit human service sector. Collectively, they:
- Contribute more than $14.8 billion to local, state, and national economies
- Serve more than 3.4 million clients annually
- Operate with a $3.6 billion budget
- Employ approximately 53,000 full-time employees
- Operate in 2,700 locations
- Serve more than 8,000 communities
- Are governed by more than 7,500 board members
- Benefit from the goodwill of roughly 58,000 volunteers
- Receive generous support from more than 560,000 individual donors
Contact the Alliance Member Relations Department for more information.