About the Alliance for Children and Families
Mission and Vision
To strengthen the capacities and influence of our national network of high-impact nonprofit human-serving organizations so that together we may pursue our vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children, adults, and families.
Partner for Impact
So that together we will increase the number of children, adults and families who are able to live healthy and productive lives, and realize their full potential as contributing members of their communities.
This focus will allow our network to contribute to:
- Decreasing the number of people living in poverty
- Increasing the number of people living safe and healthy lives, and
- Putting more people onto pathways for educational and employment success
By effectively amplifying the knowledge, expertise and unique value of our network and mobilizing them and the communities they serve so that they positively influence society.
By being a go-to source for research and development in human services.
About the Alliance
The Alliance is a membership association that provides a variety of services to private nonprofit human service organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Alliance members are organizations dedicated to serving and advocating for children, families, older adults, and communities.
In carrying out its mission, the Alliance for Children and Families makes four promises to its members:
- Networking. The best national peer network.
- Knowledge. Useful, timely, and relevant information.
- Solutions. Innovative solutions to difficult challenges.
- Public Policy. Access and influence in the nation’s capitol.
Leverage for Impact
The Alliance serves nearly 350 member organizations, representing a significant force in the nonprofit human services sector.
Collectively, Alliance members:
- Serve more than 4.6 million clients annually
- Operate with a combined $5.4 billion budget
- Employ approximately 103,300 full-time employees
- Operate in 2,700 locations
- Are governed by more than 6,000 board members
- Benefit from the goodwill of roughly 161,000 volunteers
- Receive generous support from approximately 211,000 individual donors
The Alliance also bolsters its impact through Families International, an impact-generating vehicle created by the Alliance to strengthen its efforts to realize the shared vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children and families.
Families International leverages the unique strengths of its affiliates—the Alliance, United Neighborhood Centers of America, Ways to Work, and FEI Behavioral Health—by promoting collaboration, synergy, and growth, creativity, and innovation.
Our MISSION and VISION: To strengthen the capacities and influence of our national network of high-impact nonprofit human serving organizations so that together we may pursue our vision of a healthy society and strong communities for all children, adults, and families.
Value of Alliance Membership: Resources, Knowledge, Future Focus, Intellectual Support
Hear from several members of the Alliance network.
Hear from John Jeanetta, president and CEO of Alliance member Heartland Family Service in Omaha, Neb.
Be a Champion
Create Transformational Change