WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities announced 16 new members who joined the network in 2018, along with four previous members who rejoined. These new and returning members join hundreds of community-based, nonprofit organizations that comprise the Alliance and encompass thousands of human services professionals from across the nation.
“We are thrilled to see the strong increase in membership, which reflects the efforts our strategic action network has undertaken in the past year to provide the human services sector with a greater voice concerning the issues that matter to our members and the communities they serve,” noted Susan N. Dreyfus, president and CEO of the Alliance. “We welcome these new members with an ongoing commitment to continue to enhance our efforts to advocate for public policy, promote strategic partnerships, and strengthen the sector in support of our mission of creating a more healthy and equitable society.”
New members joining the Alliance in 2018 include:
- A Child's Haven, Greenville, South Carolina
- BronxWorks, Bronx, New York
- FaithBridge Foster Care, Alpharetta, Georgia
- Family Service Society, Inc., Corning, New York
- Home of the Innocents, Louisville, Kentucky
- LifeWorks of Sonoma County, Santa Rosa, California
- Lutheran Social Services of New York, New York
- Maggie's Place, Phoenix
- Providers' Council, Boston
- Safe & Sound, San Francisco
- Seedco, New York
- The Children's Home of Reading, Reading, Pennsylvania
- The Mockingbird Society, Seattle
- The National Center for Children and Families, Bethesda, Maryland
- The Root Cause Coalition, Washington, D.C.
- UnitedHealthcare Community & State, Middleton, Wisconsin
Returning members include:
- Family and Children's Service, Nashville
- Family Services of Westchester, Inc., Port Chester, New York
- Lutheran Social Services of Wisconsin & Upper Michigan, West Allis, Wisconsin
- Our Kids of Miami-Dade/Monroe, Miami
Membership in the Alliance helps community-based nonprofits working on the front lines of the social services sector connect with a network of thousands of social sector leaders working to positively impact their communities. Working together, members share the very best sector knowledge, test and develop solutions, and accelerate change through dynamic leadership development and collective action.
The Alliance’s vision is to achieve a more healthy and equitable society by ensuring that all families and communities have access to the building blocks that sustain well-being and unleash human potential including population health and well-being, education success, economic opportunity, and safety and security.
Key activities in 2017 and 2018 included the release of the Alliance’s public policy platform and legislative agenda; release of the National Imperative report on strengthening the human services sector; release of the progress report from Within Our Reach on child abuse and neglect policy changes; and statements issued on zero tolerance immigration policy, Aderholt Amendment, and Johnson Amendment.
View more information about joining the Alliance’s strategic action network online.
About the Alliance
The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities is a strategic action network of thousands of committed social sector leaders who through their excellence, distinction, and influence are working to achieve a healthy and equitable society. We serve as an incubator for learning and innovation to generate new solutions to the toughest problems and aggregate the very best sector knowledge. The Alliance accelerates change through dynamic leadership development and collective actions to ensure policies and systems provide equal access and opportunity for all people in our nation to reach their fullest potential. Go to alliance1.org for more information.