Feb. 25-28 from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CT
- Relational/Conceptual Two-Day Training: $1,270
- Relational/Conceptual/Technical Four-Day Training: $1,655
The entire philosophy of The Mandt System® is based on the principle that all people have the right to be treated with dignity and respect. The Mandt System® encourages and teaches the use of a graded system of alternatives to provide the least amount of external management necessary for safety in all situations. We believe all individuals should be seen as people first and that unnecessary references to their differences be avoided.
The Mandt System® is a person-centered, values-based process developed to encourage positive interaction with others. The concepts offered in The Mandt System® clearly promote respect and dignity for all people. An emphasis on a team approach ensures well-being and safety in both nonphysical and physical interactions.
The goal is to assist others in managing themselves and the safety of everyone involved through skillful, nonphysical means. Physical strategies are also taught to provide additional “least restrictive” options in the event a person poses a clear threat of substantial harm to self or others if physically unassisted.
Instructor Certification Levels
- Relational/Conceptual (RC): Two-Day Training
- Relational/Conceptual/Technical (RCT): Four-Day Training
Relational: (Days One and Two)
- Building Healthy Relationships: Foundational beliefs, working as a team, dealing with emotions, causes of stress, and crisis cycle
- Building Healthy Communication: Nonverbal, vocal, and verbal elements in communication; strategies for de-escalation
- Building Healthy Conflict Resolution: Communication through problem solving and problem solving techniques
Conceptual: (Completed online after in-person Relational and Technical portions)
- Trauma-Informed Services: To help staff better work with people who have experienced trauma
- Positive Behavior Support: Supporting people, not just their behaviors
- Regulatory and Legal Issues: Foundational legal and liability issues regarding support
Technical: (Days 3 and 4)
- Assisting and Supporting Skills: Body mechanics, stances, and physical supports to assist people
- Separating Skills: Understanding why people grab and the physical techniques of separating people
- Restraining Skills: Standing interventions used only if immediate harm exists
- Increase quality of life for all individuals
- Build confidence when responding to crisis situations
- Reduce use of restraints and seclusion
- Create an environment of dignity, respect, and positive interactions
Who Should Attend
- Program staff, case managers, program coordinators, directors
- Residential services coordinators and directors
- Training and development staff
- Human resources staff
Business Solutions Engineer
FEI Behavioral Health
As FEI Behavioral Health’s business solutions engineer, Raquelle Solon is responsible for helping organizations within a wide range of industry including retail, higher education, health care, mental health and human services, as well as general business and manufacturing determine and implement a holistic crisis management system. Solon is also responsible for the delivery of workplace violence prevention, leadership development, and crisis management trainings. She is experienced in reviewing current training and policies and procedures to identify gaps and work with clients towards a solution.
Solon has presented interactive workshops, taught train the trainer courses, and conducted audience engaging webinars. She has experience not only in presentation delivery but in creating customized sessions to meet the needs of the client or audience. Presentations have raged from 45 minutes to five-day courses; with audience attendance ranging from 10-200 participants. Solon’s approach to facilitation is to engage the audience in a fun and participatory way to enhance the learning for those involved; she does this by active participation, audience surveys, small group activities, and role playing.
The Children's Shelter
2939 W. Woodlawn Ave.
San Antonio, TX 78228
Direct questions to Raquelle Solon, business solutions engineer at FEI Behavioral Health.