Through the generous support from Mutual of America, six one-year scholarships have just been made available for Alliance for Strong Families and Communities members to participate in the Alliance’s Executive Leadership Institute, which will take place May 5-10, 2019 on the University of Michigan campus in Ann Arbor.
The scholarships cover the cost of one year of tuition, along with most meals and lodging. Upon completion of the Executive Leadership Institute, scholarship recipients are required to provide a report on the value of their experience, lessons learned, and how this leadership opportunity will be used to improve their respective performance and opportunities within the sector.
Submit applications through the online for below by Friday, April 19.
Mutual of America is a leading provider of retirement products, offering personalized service at a competitive price to help plan participants and individuals build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. Values, including integrity, prudence, and reliability, have guided the company since its inception.
How to Apply
To apply for a one-time, one-year scholarship through Mutual of America, provide the following information/items to the Alliance through the online webform below by April 19, 2019:
- How will your participation in the Executive Leadership Institute support your individual leadership growth?
- How will your participation strengthen your organization; the impact it has in your community; and its impact on the children, adults, and families?
- How will this scholarship benefit the financial capacity of your organization?
- Headshot and bio
All scholarship applications will be reviewed by the Alliance, and selections will be made based on a review of submitted narratives.
- Serve in a leadership role in a member of that the Alliance network (organization must be in good standing)
- Attend the 2019 institute, May 5-10, 2019 at the University of Michigan
- Understand and accept the scholarship covers the cost of one year of tuition, along with most meals and lodging
Direct questions to Undraye Howard, senior director of equity, diversity, and inclusion and engagement at the Alliance.