The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities seeks a research analyst to join our dynamic team. This position will work within the evaluation and research services department to advance the Alliance mission.
Join the Alliance and our network of thousands of committed social sector professionals working to positively impact local communities across the country. Through our collective work, Alliance staff and our network of members help all children, adults, and families achieve their full potential.
The Research Analyst with the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities works within the evaluation and research services department to advance the Alliance mission through the following objectives:
- Support the evaluation needs of organization grant-funded projects and special initiatives to move the nonprofit human services sector forward
- Provide data and analysis for Alliance member organizations to support their strategic needs
- Support and further internal business intelligence capabilities through data analytics and management
Successful candidates will be expected to exhibit individual initiative, work independently and collaboratively, be technically proficient and accurate, and effectively communicate in both written reports and presentations.
- Adhere to the American Evaluation Association Guiding Principles and Standards for evaluators
- Demonstrate American Evaluation Association Evaluator Competencies
- Apply culturally responsive evaluation methods
- Design, implement, and oversee evaluations through project closure
- Prepare reports, proposals and presentations
- Design and administer survey tools, perform data analysis, and provide interpretation of member data for report production
See the job description linked below for a full list of responsibilities.
Desired Education and Experience
Preferred: Master’s in evaluation, applied social research, social sciences, or related field with experience working in an evaluation and/or research setting
Will consider: Bachelor’s in social sciences or related field with at least three years of experience working in an evaluation and/or research setting
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel and SPSS
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate technical information clearly to diverse audiences in written and oral presentation
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Alliance via email, and note the title of the position in the email subject line. Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Alliance is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees. The Alliance does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Download Full Job Description