The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities seeks a part-time fund development coordinator to join our dynamic team and our network of thousands of committed social sector professionals working to positively impact local communities across the country. Through our collective work, Alliance staff and our network of members help all children, adults, and families achieve their full potential.
The fund development coordinator will help to advance the work of our Fund Development team, including conducting gift entry and working with our donor database; writing and processing appeals, thank you letters, and other donor communications; and helping to support our overall donor and sponsor engagement efforts.
- Enter donations properly in Raiser’s Edge database following department procedure
- Produce gift reports, custom reports, queries, appeals and monthly gift reconciliation
- Maintain the department’s hard copy and electronic donation files.
Acknowledgements and Donor Outreach
- Promptly write and produce creative, accurate and timely acknowledgement letters and tax receipts
- Support donor outreach, such as appeal letters, invitations, postcards, and direct mail by preparing and maintaining donor mailing lists; processing appeals; and contributing to the development of donor communications
- Support online giving, social media campaign appeals, and sponsor outreach/stewardship as needed
Database Management and Reporting
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge NXT/Raiser’s Edge database alignment to maximize fund development performance and reporting
- Maintain and update donor data, contacts, actions, etc. to improve database performance
- Create and maintain database procedures documentation
- Make recommendations for future database upgrades/conversions as needed, staying on top of industry trends and best practices.
- Use online resources and funding directories to research donor prospects
- Provide proofreading, general writing, and other support based on candidate experience.
Other duties as assigned and relevant to applicant experience
Desired Education and Experience
B.S, B.A. or relevant combination of education and experience preferred. 2 years of demonstrated experience working with Raiser’s Edge database or similar donor management system, preferably in a nonprofit setting. Experienced in donor communication and stewardship.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Alliance via email, and note the title of the position in the email subject line. Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Alliance is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees. The Alliance does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.