Listing Start Date
Listing End Date
The Vice President / CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the agency in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and other regulatory and advisory organizations in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the human services/not-for-profit sector.
Required Education, Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree required. MBA preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting or finance
• A minimum of 6 years of financial management experience
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities.
Primary Duties & Essential Functions:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
• Participate in the development of the company’s plans and programs as a strategic leader, including the agencies multiyear capital plan.
• Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions.
• Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the President/CEO, the Board and the finance committee in performing their responsibilities.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
• Provide financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization.
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
• Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities where possible.
• Provide direct supervision to the controller and other finance staff as needed to ensure continued professional and personal growth.
• Develop and maintain relationships with external business partners such as financial institutions, insurance brokers, etc.
• Act as the owner of agency financial systems and continuously evaluate the functionality of these systems to ensure that they meet user and other requirements. Lead initiatives to upgrade financial systems as required.
• Provide direct supervision to the Director of Facilities and Maintenance.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
Vanderheyden is committed to the Sanctuary Model - a blueprint for clinical and organizational change which, at its core, promotes safety and recovery from adversity through the active creation of a trauma-informed community. The Sanctuary Model's focus is not only on the people who seek services, but equally on the people and systems that provide those services.
Vanderheyden Hall Inc., as an Equal Opportunity Employer, does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, military or marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, prior arrest or conviction record or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
How to Apply
Apply online: https://www.infinityhr.com/extranet/JobSearch.aspx?id=81503&aid=14537