The ideal Snapshot incorporates:
- Emotion: Engage members of the audience and make them take notice
- Storytelling: Connect us with the faces, challenges, and successes behind your work
- Clarity: Showcase the details of your work in 10 minutes or less
- Excellence: Let this be the best presentation you’ve ever given
Submit proposals online by March 16.
Snapshots presenters at the 2018 Alliance National Conference will receive:
- The opportunity to captivate more than 500 colleagues during the conference and through the Alliance’s communications channels including its website and YouTube channel
- Coaching through phone/video conference rehearsals prior to the conference
- One free registration for the full Alliance National Conference (Snapshots will be during the conference’s morning general session Tuesday, Oct. 16)
- $1,000 honorarium made out to your organization
- A professionally edited video of your talk available for your use
- A toolkit of images and sample messages for sharing your talk
Proposal Submission Requirements
All proposals must be submitted through the Alliance’s online submission form by March 16.
- Speaker Contact Information. Include the name, title, organization, address, phone number, email address, and Twitter username
- Biography. Include a biography of the presenter that is no longer than 200 words
- Presentation Title. Include a brief, descriptive presentation title
- Description. Describe your presentation in 350 words or less.
- Why should we select you to present at the conference?
- What emotions do you want the audience to feel during your talk?
- What is the take-away from your talk? What do you want the audience to learn?
Selection and Notification Process
Individuals will be notified by March 30, 2018 if their proposal has been selected to move onto the audition phase. Submitting a proposal does not guarantee selection. Once proposals have been selected the Alliance will host a round of video conference auditions. Notification of final selections will be sent April 13, 2018.
If you are chosen to participate in the video conference audition, you should be prepared to tell us:
- What is the story you seek to tell?
- How is your work is disrupting business as usual or solving a common challenge?
- What are the indicators of success or failure for your approach? How do you know?
- Why is your idea of unique interest and exceptional value? Why is your message is something our conference participants will be eager to learn about?
View Snapshots from past conferences to become familiar with the format and style.
Contact Candise Hardy-Bullock, associate at the Alliance, with questions or for more information.