Take Action Post Summit
Oct. 18 at Noon-Oct. 20 at noon
Design solutions to solve difficult problems and seize new opportunities at the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities’ Innovation Design Summits. Each summit will be focused on a different mission-critical issue to the Alliance network, and all will call on participants to roll up their sleeves.
These are not conferences. Innovation Design Summit participants will collaborate to design ideas and solutions that can be adopted and accelerated by the Alliance network. Presenters and collaborators from the Alliance network and public and corporate sectors will provide stimulus to inspire and guide work completed onsite.
Accelerating Education Achievement for All Children
As the social sector continues to push for lasting change and stronger impact, human-serving organizations are taking on deeper roles in the educational success of the children they serve. They have long worked to build the foundations of children and families facing significant barriers, and they are well-equipped to address opportunity gaps in education, especially for children of color and children experiencing trauma.
Join this Innovation Design Summit to discuss how human-serving organizations contribute to:
- Creating positive school cultures and climates for all children
- Community-level solutions that improve the educational outcomes for entire neighborhoods
At this Innovation Design Summit, leaders from the Alliance network and the education field will learn, problem solve, and develop action plans that will deepen impact and scale solutions that reduce barriers and create equitable learning environments.
- I want school administrators, parents, and educators to create school environments where students of all abilities, races, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds can reach their full potential.
- I want social sector organizations, schools and policy makers to create integrated mechanisms to support children’s mental and behavioral health.
- I want educators, families, and social sector organizations to adopt practices or programs that lift up entire neighborhoods.
- I want educators and social sector organizations to have effective partnerships.
Wednesday, Oct. 18 from 1-3 p.m.
Faculty Co-chair and Director
Achievement Gap Initiative at Harvard University
Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 6 p.m.
Build relationships and dig into issues related to your specific educational focus during Supper Clubs, to be held at local restaurants on the first night of the summit. Because there’s nothing more encouraging than finding colleagues who truly understand your day-to-day struggles and speak your language, join your affinity group for a Dutch-treat meal and feel at home in conversation. As these are a valuable complement to the summit program, registration is required. Space is limited to ensure a focused learning and networking experience. View descriptions and facilitators for the Supper Clubs:
- Evaluating challenges and opportunities in opening a charter school
- Making connections in Head Start
- Achieving impact through alternative schools
- Addressing challenges in data sharing with K-12 schools
Thursday, Oct. 19