In support of developing courageous and disruptive leaders throughout the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities network, the Alliance will be offering registration scholarships for the 2018 Senior Leadership Conference (SLC).
This is a premiere learning and networking opportunity that strengthens skills and promotes enduring professional relationships, with the Alliance network.
Through the generous sponsorship of Bellevue University, the Alliance will be offering up to six registration scholarships. These will be awarded to individuals or a combination individuals and teams of three from an organization. Individual scholarships are limited to one per organization. Previous SLC scholarship recipients are not eligible to reapply.
To apply, review the application questions and complete the online form by Nov. 29, 2017. All recipients will be notified by Dec. 15, 2017.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be employed at an Alliance member organization
- Be a rising leader within his or her organization
- Attend the 2018 SLC with a sponsor (senior manager from their organization) who agrees to mentor you prior to, during, and after the conference to application of concepts learned at the conference
Rising leaders my come from any organizational department or level. The 2018 SLC Scholarship Work Group will select the scholarship recipients based on the following criteria:
- Years of experience in management and/or leadership positions
- Scope of management/leadership responsibilities in current position
- Length of time in current position
- Current position’s level within organization structure
- Length of time with organization
- Impact gained for organization by attendance—how it will further organizational goals
- Impact gained for individual by attendance—how it will further individual professional development goals
Scholarship Recipient & Sponsor Expectations
All scholarship recipients and their sponsors are required to attend the full conference Feb. 24-27, 2018.
Scholarship recipients are required to attend:
- Pre-conference phone call, to be scheduled within 10 business days of recipient notification; wait to make travel arrangements until after this call
- Rising Leaders Chat Saturday, Feb. 24, 4-5 p.m.
- Welcome Reception Saturday, Feb. 24, 6-7 p.m.
- Rising Leaders Dine Around Sunday, Feb. 25, 6:30 p.m.
Failure of the scholarship recipient or the sponsor to participate in the above mentioned activities will result in forfeiture of the scholarship. The Alliance reserves the right to invoice the organization for the cost of the registration fee should this occur.
Some events are not required, but the Alliance does encourage scholarship recipient participation in all networking activities and receptions.
Direct questions to the Alliance Conferences and Meetings Department.