The 2017 Alliance Commitments Awards will nationally recognize up to three Alliance for Strong Families and Communities member organizations that exemplify the best of the sector through mastery of the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations and achievement of meaningful, lasting positive change that enables children, adults, families, and communities to realize their full potential.
Applications must be submitted online by July 7, 2017.
Selection Criteria and Process
In 2017, the Alliance will recognize member organizations that are working toward and have achieved positive impact in three areas that have been identified as critical for achieving the Alliance’s vision.
One award winner will be chosen in each of the following impact areas, which align with the three Innovation Design Summits taking place in fall 2017. Each award will be presented at the corresponding summit.
- Population Health and Well-Being: Strategies and solutions that deliver and/or advocate for integrated, holistic, prevention-first models that respond to the social determinants of health and achieve improved outcomes, particularly for populations experiencing disparities.
Award presented at the Leading through the Integration of Health Care and Human Services summit in Minneapolis Sept. 13-15
- Educational Success: Strategies and solutions that deliver and advocate for a continuum of cradle-to-career educational supports that prepare children and youth to succeed in the 21st century.
Award presented at the Accelerating Education Achievement for All Children summit in Chicago Oct. 18-20
- Nonprofit Talent Pipeline: Strategies and solutions that ensure the nonprofit talent pipeline is robust and diverse and capable of meeting the challenges faced by the social sector.
Award presented at the Building a 21st-Century Social Sector Workforce summit in Tampa, Florida Nov. 15-17
Award recipients will be selected based on evidence of positive impact and specific illustrations of how the organization has practiced the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations to achieve lasting change with children, adults, families, and communities.
How to Submit Nominations
Applications must be submitted through the online form by July 7, 2017.
View the application questions online.
Organizations may submit applications under multiple impact areas.
Award Selection and Presentation
To be eligible, organizations must be Alliance members in good standing. Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of Alliance staff and sector leaders. Applicants will be notified of the decisions by July 31. Each award will be presented at the corresponding Innovation Design Summit.
The Alliance Commitments Award winners will receive:
- A professionally produced video that spotlights the organization’s impact and why it is exemplary
- Two complimentary registrations for the 2017 Alliance Innovation Design Summit at which their award will be presented
- A crystal award
- National recognition through the Alliance website, Alliance E-News, and Alliance social media channels
- Local media toolkit including a copy of the video
Direct questions to Candise Hardy-Bullock, operations associate, at the Alliance, at 414-359-6584.