The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities seeks a manager of network growth and engagement to join our dynamic team. Join the Alliance and our network of thousands of committed social sector professionals working to positively impact local communities across the country. Through our collective work, Alliance staff and our network of members help all children, adults, and families achieve their full potential.
In partnership with the senior vice president of network growth and engagement, this position is responsible for planning, organizing, and leading all of Alliance’s network growth strategies including, but not limited to, the creation and execution of a focused member recruitment strategy, managing and reporting on a pipeline and forecast, and cultivating relationships for the benefit of the Alliance and its member organizations.
Successful candidates will be expected to exhibit individual initiative; work independently and collaboratively; and effectively communicate with members, peers, co-workers, and partners.
- Using qualitative and quantitative data, create and execute a business development strategy for network growth that is supported by the execution of an annual strategic action network marketing and sales plan that aligns with the Alliance's theory of change and vision
- Direct the onboarding of all new members including but not limited to in-person or virtual orientation sessions with the executive leadership teams of member network organizations; lead continuous process improvement efforts for the onboarding, orientation and engagement practices; oversee a process of reorientation and engagement strategies for existing network members in collaboration with the existing relationship management model, particularly where there is an executive transition, limited member engagement, determination of at-risk status
- Assume relationship management responsibilities for a portfolio of network members; continuously improve network relationship management processes and procedures; use this knowledge and experience to expand the new member recruitment strategy
- Serve as a relationship manager role model and mentor for other relationship managers within the Alliance
- Establish rigorous and well documented processes for data collection that will provide real time intelligence about members and partners; deliver trends insights to our knowledge management system
- Lead and collaborate with the relationship management team to develop and execute customized engagement (account) plans for members based on the Commitments of High-Impact Nonprofit Organizations as applicable; Use direct interaction with member executives and staff, the results of the Commitments Assessment Tool if completed, analysis of publicly available data, and other pertinent information to match specific members with timely and relevant
opportunities aligned to the Alliance's theory of change; this will represent our core retention strategy
- Hire, coach, develop, and provide oversight and direction to the network engagement team
- Interact with, cultivate, and use the Alliance Board of Directors, Alliance CEO Council, other network members, vendors, and partners as effective ambassadors for the organization for retention and growth
Desired Education and Experience
- A minimum of 6-10 years of experience in a professional environment at a leadership level, with demonstrated experience in developing and/or managing account/customer/relationship management
- Preference will be shown to candidates with a proven track record of business development and/or fund development
- Specific experience/working knowledge of nonprofit human serving environments is a plus
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements via email, and note the title of the position in the email subject line.
Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Alliance is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees. The Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.