The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities seeks a Director of Impact, Education Success & Economic Opportunity to join our dynamic team. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Impact, Education Success & Economic Opportunity will lead the design and implementation of the Alliance’s results-based plans for impact. The Director works in partnership with the Senior Director of Government Affairs to position the Alliance as a central resource and authority to advance Education Success & Economic Opportunity research, best practices, and necessary systems and respective policy change.
The Director is a strategic leader capable of working with Alliance leadership and leadership of Alliance member agencies to identify and anticipate trends and identify patterns in data and evidence in order to shape the Alliance’s Impact strategies and public policy agenda. The Director is also charged with identifying knowledge gaps that must be closed to advance Impact.
Join the Alliance and our network of thousands of committed social sector professionals working to positively impact local communities across the country. Through our collective work, Alliance staff and our network of members help all children, adults, and families achieve their full potential.
The Director is responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and implementing strategies to fully operationalize the Alliance’s efforts to achieve impact in the practice area(s) within our theory of change. The Director will be a subject matter expert in the practice area(s), will have experience in and be able to influence public policy, produce thought leadership pieces, and inform and guide the Alliance’s efforts across departments to achieve meaningful progress in outcomes aligned to the impact area. Using a results-based plan framework and as part of the Impact team, the Director will be responsible for resource allocation, project definition, planning and execution and program and partnership development. She/he will lead and/or influence a cross functional team of staff and member volunteers to leverage Alliance resources to achieve agreed upon outcomes.
- Jointly conducts initial and ongoing market research to understand needs and opportunities of Alliance members and other key stakeholders
- Monitors, influences and advances public policy in key impact areas
- Responsible for using market knowledge to determine the most impactful investments of time and talent across strategies within the impact area(s) and the Alliance public policy agenda
- Develop and refine results-based plan(s), including short-term and long-term plans aligned with organizational objectives, key results and strategies that deliver on intermediate and long-term outcomes outlined in Alliance theory of change and a research agenda to address gaps in knowledge
- Leads cross-departmental team in aligned action to implement the Alliance’s results-based plans
- Overseas resource planning to align member engagement, outreach, content and other activities to available resources. Manages budget expenses to maximize impact of strategies and activities
- Plans for meaningful network engagement in strategy and execution of activities aligned with achieving key objectives aligned to impact area, including creating, managing and growing participation in Alliance Peer Exchange Groups and advocacy efforts
See the job description for a full list of responsibilities.
Desired Education and Experience
Bachelor or master’s degree in social sciences, social work, public policy, public administration; five to seven years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Send a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Alliance via email, and note the title of the position in the email subject line. Applicants not providing salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Alliance is fully committed to equal employment opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees. The Alliance does not discriminate based on race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.
Download Full Job Description