Children’s Institute, Inc. (CII) is looking for a dedicated Therapist to join our outstanding team!
Children’s Institute is a compassionate, innovative leader in the fields of trauma focused treatment, youth development and early childhood and family support services. More than 24,000 children and families in some of Los Angeles’ most under-served communities benefit from CII’s commitment to developing and maintaining an investigative learning approach. The work of CII stretches across many disciplines and program structures in order to positively affect the lives of children and families in Los Angeles.
The Therapist, as a member of a professional treatment team, provides individual, child, family and group therapy, counseling, crisis intervention, and advocacy services to children ages 0-5 and their families.
1. Through regularly scheduled sessions, provide individualized trauma-informed, relationship-oriented (dyadic) treatment, case management, psychoeducation, and other related mental health services to assigned children birth to five years and their families.
2. Provide clinical services in the home, clinic, or community as needed.
3. Use independent judgment and discretion to gather information, assess needs and provide appropriate direct clinical and related therapeutic services, emphasizing evidence-based practices (EBPs), to clients and their families.
4. Maintain appropriate case notes per LA County-Department of Mental Health standards and other records and prepares periodic reports as required.
5. Maintain caseload in order to meet and/or exceed client service delivery goals.
The position requires:
• Master’s degree (MSW, MA, MS) or Doctorate (PhD or PsyD) from accredited school of social work or psychology required. BBS or BOP license or registration required.
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
• Understanding of basic theoretical and developmental principles of infant, early childhood and family mental health.
• Proficiency in providing dyadic and family therapy and/or training and certification in evidence-based practices for 0-5 children (CPP, IY, PCIT, RPP) preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of DSM-V/ICD10 and DC 0-5, treatment plans for 0-5.
• Willingness to travel within the service area, a dependable car and good driving record.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity for advancement
• Access to continuous training and development
• Free Medical, Dental, and Vision under HMO
• Life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(a) and 403(b)
• Generous paid time off
• Company sponsored team building events are always on the horizon
Ex. Spartan race teams, bowling, fit club, and more.
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.