Children’s Institute, Inc. (CII) is looking for a caring and organized Teacher Assistant to join our outstanding team!
The Teacher Assistant supports the Teacher in implementing the care, development, education and supervision of typically and atypically developing preschool children. Provides guidance and developmental experience to meet the appropriate educational, cultural, linguistic and emotional needs.
Children’s Institute is a compassionate, innovative leader in the fields of trauma focused treatment, youth development and early childhood and family support services. More than 24,000 children and families in some of Los Angeles’ most underserved communities benefit from CII’s commitment to developing and maintaining an investigative learning approach. The work of CII stretches across many disciplines and program structures in order to positively affect the lives of children and families in Los Angeles.
1. Assists in planning and implementation of care and educational activities for preschool children.
2. Assists in providing a nurturing environment that addresses the developmental characteristics and needs of each child in order to enhance social, educational, emotional, behavioral growth and well-being.
3. Ensures proper care and supervision for each and every child at all times and adheres to the standards of conduct. Ensures the classroom and all equipment is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
This Position Requires:
• Eighteen semester units or more in Early Childhood Education or Child Development.
• Candidate must be concurrently enrolled in a program leading to an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field.
• Associate Teacher Permit from the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing required.
• Relevant experience in direct care of children between birth and 5 years of age including parental involvement or participation.
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity for advancement
• Access to continuous training and development
• Free Medical, Dental, and Vision under HMO
• Life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(a) and 403(b)
• Generous paid time off
• Company sponsored team building events are always on the horizon
Ex. Spartan race teams, bowling, fit club, and more.
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.