Children’s Institute, Inc. (CII) is looking for a caring and organized Head Start Teacher to join our outstanding team!
The Head Start Teacher plans, organizes and implements the care, development and education of typically and atypically developing preschool children ages three to five.
Children’s Institute is a compassionate, innovative leader in the fields of trauma focused treatment, youth development and early childhood and family support services. More than 24,000 children and families in some of Los Angeles’ most underserved communities benefit from CII’s commitment to developing and maintaining an investigative learning approach. The work of CII stretches across many disciplines and program structures in order to positively affect the lives of children and families in Los Angeles.
1. Plans and implements educational curriculum for preschool children, which reflects developmental, cultural, and linguistic appropriateness.
2. Ensures compliance with applicable company policies and procedures and any of the following program regulations as they apply to the specific program assigned to: Head Start, CDE, First 5 LA, Title 5 regulations and Title 22 Community Care Licensing regulations.
3. Ensures proper care and supervision for each and every child at all times and adheres to the standards of conduct. Ensures the classroom and all equipment is maintained in a clean and safe condition.
This Position Requires:
• Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with a minimum of 24 units of ECE course work from a four-year university required.
• Teacher Permit or higher issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
• A valid first aid and CPR certificate or the ability to obtain one within the introductory period.
What We Offer:
• Competitive Salary
• Opportunity for advancement
• Access to continuous training and development
• Free Medical, Dental, and Vision under HMO
• Life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• 401(a) and 403(b)
• Generous paid time off
• Company sponsored team building events are always on the horizon
Ex. Spartan race teams, bowling, fit club, and more.
Children’s Institute, Inc. does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.