The Division of Milwaukee Child Protective Services contracts with SaintA to provide child welfare services to about 900 families including nearly 1,200 children. The Child Welfare team works diligently to provide them with services that ensure safety, permanence and well-being. The Child Welfare Supervisor will supervise a Child Welfare Case Management team.
• Provide consistent and effective individual supervision and ensure effective supervision and development of case managers
• Ensure services provided by staff consistently uphold the DMCPS values of safety, permanency and well-being, and that Federal/State/DMCPS/Agency compliance outcomes are met
• Collaborate and work with Program Directors and HR to recruit, interview and retain staff members
• Master’s degree in Social Work or a related degree such as Psychology, Sociology, Management, Counseling
• Minimum 2 years supervised experience in family or child welfare
• 1 year supervisory experience preferred
• Experience working in diverse communities with youth and families
• Knowledge of community resources
• Exceptional, effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate attuned critical thinking skills
• Flexible schedule
• Extensive community involvement
• Rotating on-call responsibilities
• Have own transportation, meet agency auto insurance requirements, a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
• Reports directly to Child Welfare Program Director
SaintA is a Wisconsin provider of family centered care and educational services. SaintA has an acute focus on trauma informed care (TIC), which is a philosophy and practice that acknowledges the profound effects of trauma on the developing brain. Together with our families, SaintA works to recognize the neurobiological effects of trauma and address them with evidence-informed care, leading to healing, resiliency, and the ability to live stable, successful lives.
SaintA provides a rich continuum of services, including:
• Child Welfare and Foster Care
• Support for youth who have aged out of care
• Care Coordination and Wraparound services
• Mental health therapy and supports such as Family Preservation, Caregiver Support, Functional Family Therapy and Parent Assistance & Advocacy
• Professional education and clinical consultation (for organizations, schools, and individual/family)
For more information, visit our website: www.sainta.org
Interested parties please submit a cover letter and resume online.
Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Minority/Female/Handicapped/Veteran