Chief Programs Officer
The Chief Programs Officer is responsible for the programmatic leadership and direction of FSA program departments, including clinical mental health services, senior nutrition services, community centered services including the operations of community and senior centers; and emerging programs. Additional duties include training and staff development activities, program outcome measurement and leadership of quality assurance programs. Areas of responsibility include ensuring the achievement of program outcomes, strengthening internal collaborations, grant oversight, and researching and analyzing trends and regulations that impact delivery of services.
Salary: $96,000 - 120,000 per annum (Salaried Exempt)
1. Provides programmatic leadership and direction to all FSA programs and service departments.
2. Provide overall direction to the activities of the departments and all programs and its personnel toward the accomplishment of FSA’s strategic plan and goals.
3. Provides an exemplary role model of the FSA mission, vision and values throughout the agency.
4. Directly supervise and support Department Administrators and Directors and key management staff over the various FSA programs and departments.
5. Manage the work of Department leadership personnel in planning and program development, ensuring the tracking and quantifying of program outcomes and measures.
6. Analyze program quality data and make recommendations to the Chief Operating Officer based on trends.
7. Collects and provides COO with timely and relevant operational information and data to facilitate decision-making and evaluation.
8. Development, implementation & management of Quality Assurance processes systems supports as needed to insure continuous compliance with COA requirements and any other agency licensing or regulatory body requirements.
9. Provides leadership to the Continuous Quality Improvement Steering Committee and related Agency Action teams.
10. Leads strategic planning efforts within FSA program departments in alignment with current Board & Executive strategic goals and strategies and the agency mission, vision and values.
11. Participates in risk management activities and assists in oversight of the management of areas of potential liability and risk to the agency with departments and department/program activities and sites.
12. Assist COO & CFO in negotiating contracts and ensuring contractual compliance.
13. In collaboration with COO and CFO, develop and manage department /program budgets, ensuring accountability for production of resources relevant to program operations.
14. Provide for the overall management of the programs’ financial activities and take appropriate action to ensure that expenses are kept within the approved budget.
15. Provides leadership and direction on staff development including targeted activities and planning designed to build leaders from within the middle management tier of the organization.
16. Participates in key aspects of client needs assessment, community service gap assessments, feasibility studies, new program initiatives and new program development.
17. Participates in Program Development Activities including Grant Writing, Fund Raising related to all FSA programs and departments as needed.
18. Coordinates Key Start up activities for new Contracts and Programs within departments including the development of policies and procedures, startup of new sites or locations, etc.
19. Participates in key networks and community task forces throughout the agency service area.
20. Insures that the organization complies and responds to all funding source requirements and addresses any funding source concerns related to FSA programs and departments.
21. Punctual and Regular Attendance.
22. Other duties as assigned.
Report to: FSA COO
Five years programs management experience with Non-Profit organizations
Quality Assurance Experience with an Accreditation Body preferred
Current CA Driver's License and Proof of Automobile Insurance
Background Fingerprint Clearance
Drug Test Clearance
The ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful
Licenses & Certifications:
MA/MSW in Social Services/Business Related Field or equivalent experience
Physical & Mental Demands:
Ability to multi-task and stay focused with many interruptions
? Work at computer for long periods of time
? Ability to deal with many different personalities