Job Title: Vice President of Advancement
Normal Working Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday, and as needed
Reports To: President/CEO
Direct Reports: Director of Development, Director of Digital Marketing
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for fundraising including, but not limited to managing annual capital and planned giving, fundraising activities, design and implementation of activities outside of Wayne County, and researching, evaluating, classifying, and cultivating prospective major donors. Make contact with various corporations to stimulate both corporate gifts and gifts in kind. (50% Importance Rating/50% of Time Spent)
• Responsible for oversight and supervision of publications, communication channels with various parties both internal and external to The Village Network. Develop and implement an annual comprehensive Communication Plan to ensure that our key internal and external audiences receive accurate information about the Village and its mission. Engage in public speaking, assisting with Public Relations; serve as the official spokesperson for The Village Network in the event of a Public Relations crisis; speak to a variety of groups on an as needed basis (Fraternal Order of Eagles, AARP, etc.); work with President/CEO, Director of Development, and Regional Directors as a liaison to create a network of contacts and prospects in all of the communities that we serve. (20% Importance Rating/15% of Time Spent)
• Responsible for oversight and supervision of volunteer coordination at The Village Network. Activities include, but are not limited to seeking out individuals, training new volunteers, and maintaining/creating training materials. (5% Importance Rating/5% of Time Spent)
• Responsible for oversight and supervision of grant writing. Research and assess private foundations, implement an education and cultivation plan for each foundation, prepare proposals, and follow up on information requests. (5% Importance Rating/10% of Time Spent)
• Creates annual operating plans for each special event and oversees planning process. (5% Importance Rating/5% of Time Spent)
• Prepare and administer the Advancement and Marketing Department budgets. (5% Importance Rating/5% of Time Spent)
• Serves as leader of Fundraising KRA for Strategic Plan and ensures goals are met. (5% Importance Rating/5% of Time Spent)
• Responsible for hiring department personnel and building positive relationships with staff and fostering a departmental professional comradery. Also responsible for development, mentoring, and coaching of staff members as needed. (5% Importance Rating/5% of Time Spent)
• Serve on the Executive Leadership Team and is present at all meetings of said team.
• Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to use a computer; expertise in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raisers Edge Fundraising Software.
• Masters Degree in Public Administration, Fundraising or Communications.
• Highly developed reading comprehension skills to synthesize professional-related journals, proposals, press releases, and employment applications.
• Frequent travel amongst the different Village Network sites is necessary. Valid Ohio Driver’s License and a driving record that allows the individual to be covered by The Village Network’s insurance provider.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, developed research skills, sufficient planning, teamwork, and organizational skills. Evaluation is based on performance as well as ability to meet financial objectives.
• At least 3-5 years supervisory experience.