Mental Health Clinic Administrator
Salary: $84,000 – $110,000 per annum (Salaried Exempt)
I. Essential Clinic Duties:
1) Overall management and supervision of a dynamic and diverse clinical/service setting with multiple programs, sites and personnel.
2) Insures quantity and quality of services of department by implementing systems to support and monitor the productivity and impact of quantity and quality of services in order to fulfill mission and vision.
3) Provides oversight to all department contracts, department programs and services and department operations.
4) Insures and maintains department’s ongoing compliance with licensing and registration requirements for Medi-Cal certification, EAP and insurance requirements, National Provider Identifier requirements, Board of Behavioral Sciences requirements and all other legal and regulatory requirements for provision of Mental Health Services.
5) Insures that all staff maintain current Board of Behavioral Sciences registration and remain clear and in good standing with Board of Behavioral Sciences as required. Keeps abreast of all regulatory and legal changes, and implements as applicable.
6) Sustains existing programs in good operating status and implements and grows new programs to further agency mission.
7) Provides oversight to Clinical Records and is the custodian of Records for the Department. Provides guidance to the Operations and Support Staff in archiving, and securing all records management and insures the secure recordkeeping for the agency as required.
8) Oversight of all Accreditation/Continuous Quality Assurance requirements including but not limited to: client satisfaction, outcome studies, incident reporting, client and staff complaints/grievances, and case reviews processes.
9) Provides for thorough onboarding and training of all staff in the department utilizing the Department Orientation Manuals, Checklists and procedures. Insures that orientation and training materials remain updated and applicable.
10) Insures that clinical staff are trained in all changes to forms and that the electronic health records forms, and internal FSA forms are updated regularly.
11) In collaboration with FSA’s COO and Accounting Administrator/Special Projects develops and monitors Clinic Department fiscal systems (budget, contracts, pricing)
12) Oversight of clinical services statistics and monitoring and management of units of service production in order to fully maximize the utilization of all contracts.
13) Community outreach, presentations, representations and liaisons (key committees, organizations, etc.)
14) Staff supervision, team building, training, support, and supporting a healthy agency culture.
15) Clinical supervision and direct service counseling, and 24 hour availability, as needed.
16) Facilitating team processes conducive to support agency culture.
17) Cross-department creative program responses, innovative problem solving, and program development.
18) Some evening and weekend availability as needed. (Example: Special events, programming, community events)
19) Other duties as assigned and necessary.
II. General Agency & Administration Duties
1. Facilitates the consistent implementation of policies and goals set at the Board and Executive Level.
2. Participates in Senior Management Task Force and duties.
3. Insures consistent application of agency mission, vision, values throughout the operations and staff levels of the department and the agency
4. Provides an exemplary role model of the FSA mission, vision, values and strategic goals and initiatives.
5. Represents FSA on Key community task forces, networks, boards and community meetings as assigned or directed by Executive Team.
6. Leads strategic planning efforts within assigned programs and/or agency departments and operations insuring that goals and strategies align with Board and Administrative goals and with agency mission, vision and values.
7. Provides staff development opportunities with both formal and informal approaches to development within assigned programs and departments or operations.
8. Participates in key risk management activities and assists in oversight of potential liability and risk to the agency.
Report to: Chief Operating Officer
• Meets all BBS requirements for Clinical Supervision
• Minimum five years of management/supervisory experience
• Background Fingerprint Clearances
• TB Test Clearance
• Drug Test Clearance
• Valid California Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance
• Current and Clean DMV printout Report.
• Ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job
Licenses & Certifications:
Master’s in Social Work or related field
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT) preferred
Physical & Mental Demands
• Ability to tolerate fast paced and changing working environment.
• Ability to multi-task
• Prolonged computer work at times
• Oversight of multiple site locations and willingness to travel as needed to provide oversight of multiple sites within vast geographic area.
• Ability to relate to multiple stakeholders (funding sources, city and community groups, clients, staff, etc.)
• Punctual and regular attendance.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY: To apply for this position please complete an application at:
21250 Box Springs Rd, Ste. 211
Moreno Valley, CA 92557
or email resume to: email@example.com