Scanning the Horizons
The Alliance for Children and Families serves as a national radar system by:
- Providing members with up-to-date information about changing trends and opportunities in the nonprofit human service sector
- Tracking social service issues that influence the programs and services members provide
This is accomplished through Scanning the Horizons, a family of knowledge products that includes:
- Top Five Trends Report. Scanning the Horizons: Top Five Trends summarizes five significant trends and outlines their impact on human service organizations. Alliance members receive a complimentary, password-protected digital copy as a benefit of membership. Nonmembers may purchase the report online, and National Human Services Assembly members receive a discounted rate.
- Issue Briefs. These guides provide concise information for understanding the strength and vitality of the nonprofit sector. They articulate why human service organizations are valuable, critical partners in collaborative efforts to strengthen families and communities.
- A Focus on Aging Trends. Seventy million American adults will reach age 65 by 2029, yet human service organizations and government entities have been slow to keep pace with programs and services. This collection is designed to call attention the challenges older adults face, as well as to define the programmatic implications aging has on human service organizations.
- Statistical Trends Report. Scanning the Horizons: A Statistical Trends Overview contains information about indicators that affect member organizations and their clients. The report contains a variety of links to resources with additional statistics. Alliance members receive a complimentary, password-protected digital copy as a benefit of membership. Nonmembers may purchase the report online.
- Trends Website. The trends website is a supplement to the top five trends report. It contains regularly updated information and analysis about all trends, issues, drivers, and uncertainties monitored by the Alliance’s Severson Center and the Alliance National Trend Advisory Committee.
For more information, contact the Severson Center.
Forgot Your Password?
Alliance members must use their trends website password to access the digital copy of the top five trends report and statistical overview. Contact the Severson Center to request a password. Alternatively, members can access both reports through DocuShare.
Alliance Trends Website
Available to the public as a means to share the Alliance's knowledge with the nonprofit sector.