Through the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities Severson Center, members of the Alliance have access to thousands of electronic full-text articles and book summaries via EBSCOhost.
Through the following EBSCOhost databases, members have access to high-quality, reliable materials licensed from reputable publishers and indexed by professionals. EBSCOhost also offers superior search features and the freedom to share materials with co-workers without violating copyright. Users can also download search results in multiple formats, set up alerts to be notified when new content in specified topic areas becomes available, and immediately access full text if it is available.
What’s in EBSCOhost?
Visit the databases’ websites for more information including full lists of journals and magazines that they cover:
- Business Book Summaries. Provides summaries of the top business books from a wide range of subject areas including innovation, leadership development, and social responsibility. Select this if you are looking to acquire business knowledge from today's best books quickly and efficiently.
- Business Source Corporate. Full-text titles include Harvard Business Review, McKinsey Quarterly, and The Chronicle of Philanthropy. Select this if you are looking for research to help run your organization. Includes access to hundreds of high quality business magazines and journals as well as a wide variety of economic and industry specific reports.
- CINHAL with Full Text (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature). Full-text titles include Aging Today, Behavioral Healthcare, and Psychiatric Services. Select this if you are looking for information on consumer health, nursing, medicine and allied health disciplines.
- The McClatchy-Tribune Collection. Includes a 90-day archive of approximately 290 newspapers from the McClatchy-Tribune Information Services. This database is updated daily.
- Non-Profit Organization Reference Center. Full-text titles include Contributions, NonProfit Times, Stanford Social Innovation Review, and Third Sector
- Regional Business News. Incorporates coverage of more than 80 regional business publications covering all metropolitan and rural areas within the United States.
- SocINDEX with Full Text. Includes nearly 900 full-text titles in criminology, social structure, social work, and addictions. The database encompasses all sub-disciplines of sociology and closely related areas of study, including fields such as demography, ethnic & racial studies, gender studies, marriage & family, religion, rural and urban sociology.
How to Access EBSCOhost
EBSCOhost is available to Alliance members only. Individuals may access EBSCOhost anytime.
Contact the Severson Center with questions or for more information.