Featured Alliance Peer Exchange Group Is Lifeline for Marketing & Development Professionals
Marketing, fund development, and effective communications are crucial for organizational success. All staff within the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities network have access to an experienced peer group for information and advice.
Staff of all levels who are responsible for these areas are encouraged to join the Organizational Advancement and Resource Solutions (OARS) Alliance Peer Exchange (APEX) group. Once you've joined the group, introduce yourself or post a discussion topic in myAlliance.
The current core team is gearing up to provide its 2017-2018 learning opportunities. The core team, which is responsible for charting the direction for the full group of more than 130 members, includes:
- Gary Duncan, vice president of marketing & development at UMFS in Richmond, Virginia
- Pamela Darnall, president and CEO of Family & Children’s Place, Louisville, Kentucky
- Ruthann Howell, president and CEO of Wellspring Family Services, Seattle
- Len Iaquinta, principle of Excellence in Communications in Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Dan Magnuson, CEO of Lad Lake in Dousman, Wisconsin
- Jocelyn Mourning, vice president of development and communications at The Family Conservancy in Kansas City, Kansas
- Barbara Ritchie, president and CEO of Griffith Centers for Children in Denver
- Jeff VanCamp, director of development at Chaddock, Quincy, Illinois
In addition to charting the direction of the OARS APEX group, core team members offer one-on-one consultations via email, phone, and at Alliance conferences. For more information, contact a member of the core team on myAlliance or contact Peter Metzger, project manager at the Alliance.
Alliance staff liaisons include:
- Peter Metzger, project manager, is the development liaison
- Tim Kobussen, director of marketing and communications, is the marketing/communications liaison
- Heather Propsom, librarian, is the embedded librarian
Join the Group
All staff at Alliance member organizations who are responsible for marketing, fund development, and communications, regardless of position title, are invited to join their peers on the online collaboration portal myAlliance.
The core team of leaders is also recruiting new members, especially those focused on marketing and communications for their organizations.