Search for Human Services Jobs
Click on a job title to view the entire post.
The Board of Directors of Epworth Children and Family Services has formed a search committee to identify a leader to advance the organization’s mission to help children, youth and families move toward self-sufficiency by focusing on health, housing, education and employment.
The CEO ensures that the organization is operated in an efficient and effective manner that yields high quality outcomes and service innovations. The Board seeks experienced and highly qualified applicants who are passionate, strategic, and resourceful. The successful candidate will be:
- Deeply committed to the mission
- Laser-focused on ensuring high quality programming and positive outcomes for youth and families
- Future-oriented – able to identify strategic opportunities and ensure that Epworth thrives in the rapidly changing nonprofit landscape
- Growth-oriented and able to execute on goals
- Skilled at building and nurturing relationships that create meaningful fundraising and partnership exchanges
- Capable of motivating and leading the senior management team and larger workforce
- Recognized—or have the ability to become recognized—as a thought leader and sought-after resource for information about children, youth and families, so that Epworth is perceived to be a major influence on the local and state agenda for service delivery and funding
The agency board of directors is seeking an innovative, collaborative, and visionary leader with the gifts and energy to shepherd an exceptionally strong leadership team in the strategic diversification and growth of this dynamic social services agency. The new CEO will preserve and enhance the unique vision, mission, culture, and values of LFCS and will expand its reach to assure continued success by serving an even wider, more diverse audience. Given LFCS’s history and relevance in Missouri, it will be important for the CEO to be actively engaged at all levels of the agency and serve as a highly participative agent in the broader community.
The finalist will be a mission and values-driven individual who clearly demonstrates a passion for excellence within the field of family and children’s services. Reporting to the agency board of directors, the CEO will be a thought leader responsible for the strategic direction and operations of LFCS, providing visionary leadership to advance LFCS’s mission and objectives as well as promote growth of the agency and strengthen annual giving to the foundation. In addition, (s)he will provide operational leadership to ensure service, efficiency, and financial integrity, and have a deep understanding of and sincere approach to a servant leadership model.
This is a unique leadership opportunity to envision and implement the future direction of family and children’s services in the state and to continue the agency’s mission and outstanding reputation for innovation in providing services. Visioning and a philosophy of embracing lifelong learning is central to the new leader’s success. A talented and seasoned staff and workforce will welcome this individual, as will a highly dedicated, talented, and committed board of directors.