Innovation Design Summit: Leading through the Integration of Health Care and Human Services
Design solutions to solve difficult problems and seize new opportunities at the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities’ Innovation Design Summits. Each summit will be focused on a different mission-critical issue to the Alliance network, and all will call on participants to roll up their sleeves.
These are not conferences. Innovation Design Summit participants will collaborate to design ideas and solutions that can be adopted and accelerated by the Alliance network. Presenters and collaborators from the Alliance network and public and corporate sectors will provide stimulus to inspire and guide work completed onsite.
Leading through the Integration of Health Care and Human Services
As health care in the U.S. continues to transform, the role of the human services sector as a critical partner remains to be established. However, health care leaders are increasingly recognizing the critical role that the social determinants of health play in improving upon health outcomes. Join this Innovation Design Summit to discuss how contributions of human services organizations can help to achieve the triple aim to:
- Reduce health care costs
- Improve health outcomes
- Improve patient experience
At this Innovation Design Summit, Alliance and health care leaders will learn, problem solve, and develop action plans around critical business issues that are essential to ensuring that the human services sector is positioned as a valued partner to advance improved health outcomes.
- Create mutually beneficial partnerships with health care
- Learn to structure sustainable financing and reimbursement models
- Navigate the cross-cultural dynamics of health care/social care partnerships
- Design interventions that achieve results with populations that have complex health and social needs
- Understand the data and evaluation variables in effective interventions
Who Should Attend
Come as a team! The challenges that will be addressed require a full array of skills and expertise. Participate as a team so that you will be prepared to take action right after the summit. This conference will be of interest to:
- Nonprofit human services organizations currently partnering with, or exploring partnerships with, health care partners
- Chief executives
- Chief Clinical Officers
- Chief Program Officers
- Staff who develop strategy and oversee efforts to improve health outcomes
- Policy and advocacy staff interested in health care issues
- Health care leaders, including health systems and payers, who recognize the imperative of developing partnerships with human service organizations
- Public sector leaders
- Foundation leaders
Location & Lodging
601 1st Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55403
The Alliance has arranged a special room rate of $209 for single or double occupancy, plus applicable taxes. Reserve your room online or call the hotel at 877-880-8918 or 612-677-1100 by Aug. 16 and mention group name Alliance for Strong Families and Communities to receive the discounted rate.
This rate is available for stays up to three days prior to and after the conference, but it is subject to availability at the time of booking.
Super Shuttle offers shared van ride service for approximately $14 one way. Uber and Lyft are also available.
What to Wear
September temperatures in Minneapolis range from an average high of 72 degrees to an average low of 52 degrees. Dress for the event is business casual. The Alliance recommends attendees wear layers because meeting room temperatures may vary.
Direct questions to the Alliance Meetings Department.