Child Welfare Work Group
The Alliance for Strong Families and Communities Child Welfare Work Group is an opportunity for Alliance members to engage in peer exchange, information sharing, and advocacy strategy design. Join this work group by completing the online form.
Goal and Scope of Focus
The group’s goal is to collectively influence public policy so that policies support child well-being and strengthen families. Specific topics of focus include child welfare, child welfare financing reform, foster care, adoption, child trafficking, permanency, and family and child engagement.
The Alliance Child Welfare Work Group typically convenes monthly by phone on the third Thursday of the month at 2 p.m. CT. These teleconferences feature:
- Updates on federal policy
- Information from guest speakers including current research, thought leadership, new ideas, opportunities to partner, and framing and messaging
- Peer exchanges on state and local policies and advocacy strategies
- Hands-on strategy design opportunities related to for the Alliance’s mobilization and engagement activities
- Discussions to shape the Alliance network’s collective public policy position
- Check ins to identify national public policy trends that may merit collective action
- Education on issue-related topics
- Skill building for issue-related advocacy
Profile of Work Group Members
This work group is reserved for staff at Alliance member organizations. Current participants come from various administrative levels and roles within their organizations. Typically, 30 participants join the teleconferences.
This work group is most valuable when participants engage in conversation, whether in person or virtually; contribute content, insight, and questions to the group’s resource portal and collective knowledge; and share news related to pressing policy issues in their states.
Direct questions to the Alliance Public Policy Office.