New Voices Civic Engagement Fellowships
The New Voices Civic Engagement Fellowship program is designed to recognize and fuel the leadership of individuals who are involved in civic engagement work at the local and regional level.
The Fellowships are designed to embolden staff and community leaders, while simultaneously building the civic engagement capacity of the human service industry.
Applications for future cohorts are accepted on a rolling basis from individuals connected to Alliance for Children and Families and United Neighborhood Centers of America (UNCA) member organizations. Individuals can be staff, volunteers, partners, or have some other connection.
An $8,000 award is provided to each Alliance or UNCA sponsoring organization for each fellow.
- Be sponsored by an Alliance or UNCA member organization that is in good standing during the fellowship year
- Submit a completed fellowship application and a yearlong action plan for civic engagement that includes a narrative and budget
- Be available for a two-and-a-half day, in-person gathering with other fellows (specific dates TBD)
- Convene by phone with other fellows four times (specific dates TBD)
- Each fellow will organize and host at least one civic engagement training that is available to all Alliance and UNCA member organizations (session costs should be included as a budget item or, if charging fees or using outside funding, that should be indicated in the application)
- Share training materials with the Alliance, UNCA, and other fellows
A selection committee comprised from the Alliance and UNCA network will evaluate applications and select fellows who demonstrate the most promise to strengthen families, communities, and transform human service organizations through civic engagement strategies.
The New Voices Civic Engagement Fellowships are made possible through support from the Alliance and UNCA’s national civic engagement philanthropic partners.
Contact the Alliance Civic Engagement Department with questions.