AllianceVotes 2016 Resources
Access these resources for planning and executing your voter engagement and registration efforts from the Alliance for Strong Families and Communities and national leaders in this work.
Resources for Voters
- Register Voters and Find Your Candidates
- Find out Where Candidates Stand on Issues impacting Children and Families (Every Child Matters Digital Dialogue)
Elected officials listen to those who got them into office, so when individuals and communities don't vote, they give up political power and voice. In this Snapshot, Lindsey Hodel, field director of Nonprofit VOTE, explains why voter engagement is essential to community development.
This toolkit provides tangible resources to help nonprofit human service organization better advance their missions and goals through advocacy and civic engagement. Only Alliance members have access to this toolkit.
Nonprofit VOTE Resources
The Alliance's partner Nonprofit VOTE is a national leader in nonprofit voter engagement.
- A Checklist for Getting Started with Voter Engagement
- Voter Registration Checklist
- Nonprofit Permissible Activities Checklist
- FAQs: When Doing Voter Registration in Your State
- Planning and Running a Voter Registration Activity
- Fact Sheet: Planning and Running a Voter Registration Activity
- Fact Sheet: What Nonprofit Staff Can Do in Elections
- Candidate Engagement Opportunities
Direct questions to the Alliance Center for Engagement and Neighborhood Building.